Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Favorite Sandwich!


I have been having this sandwich often lately, it is two slices of "bread", a slather of cashew or mac mayo, avo, tomato, pickles, and WAY TOO MUCh LETTUCE. I prefer my sandwiches/burgers with WTML, I always have.
I know that eating dehydrated foods isn't as good as eating fresh foods. I get that. It really is "gentle cooking", but right now being able to have my sandwiches with bread on occasion as opposed to a lettuce wrap really helps me to feel more full and satisfied.

Mayo:
Soaked Cashews or Macs, soak 2 hours
olive oil
salt
lemon juice
spices
water

Put your soaked nuts in the blender, add about a teaspoon of olive oil for every 1/4 cup of nuts you use. Add a little water and blend until almost smooth. You will have to continuously stop the blender and scrape down the sides. Add a little bit of salt and lemon juice to taste. I am pretty generous with the lemon juice. Throw in some dill or basil or whatever spice you prefer. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides, adding more water if necessary. Don't let it get TOO watery, but keep in mind it will firm up a bit in the fridge when the olive oil solidifies.

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

So when's lunch? ha ha! Looks scrumptious! Is that the onion bread? When we we first got our dehydrator that was one of the first things my husband made. It was different! Not sure we liked it at the time. Don't think we were used to nama shoyu but now we like it so I bet onion bread would be quite tasty now. I'll give it a shot.