Sunday, July 27, 2008

Italian Night


Blogger is totally teaching me how to spell... every time I type something in wrong it underlines it for me. So great. Ok, so tonight is my friday. I am home alone as bf is working, so just me and the pup, I decided to do dinner up! I was inspired by mrs bunny berry's lasagna today and decided I needed some yummy lasagna too!
I used my red sauce from yesterday and made up a variation of the spring onion cheese from gone raw since the site wasn't working, and did layers of zucchini and spinach with my sauce and cheese. I also spread some cheeze on a slice of my nut free bread and spread a second layer, PESTO!, on top. I used what was left of the salad to make a little salad with balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper. OH and can't forget the olives!

So for the Cheeeze: (I spell it differently every time!)
1 cup raw pine nuts
1 cup raw cashews
(soak together for 2 hours in fresh water, drain well)
1 lemon JUICED
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
About a third to a half cup of assorted onions, whatever I had in my fridge
2 T raw tahini
A little basil, dill, and salt

Process til smoooth, you can add a tiny bit of water if necessary.
YUM!
I want to do a cultured cheese someday but so far I haven't made the time, or had the forethought. Anyone try this yet?

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

I haven't done the cultured cheese yet either. Maybe one day when I've the time and ambition!

Your lasagna looks fab. You know, this is one of those dishes I have yet try let alone make (or is it the other way around?). Anyway, I keep meaning to but for some reason just haven't yet. Well, maybe on my challenge I will.