Tuesday, July 8, 2008

yoga class

well, this new class I started leaves a little to be desired. It was a 75 min class and we probably spent the entire last 20 minutes in "restorative poses" aka sleeping. I am hoping it will get a little more intensive in the next few sessions. I am going to try to get thursday morning off so I can go to both sessions a week, I don't know if that will happen. I payed for the series so I am going to stick it out at this studio for the session, but I may switch to another studio if I don't find what I am looking for at this class. The instructor did say that she would try to give me a more open option for more "heat" in the future... That may be enough. It is a hatha class, which I have found to be a good workout when i have taken them in the past.
I am just so used to and satisfied with the bikram series that anything else I do doesn't feel like it is as corrective or as much of a workout. I wish there was a bikram studio in my neighborhood.
In more satisfying news I mixed a cup of young coconut juice into three cups of filtered water and brought it to class. It feels so refreshing and healing.

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

Don't you just love coconut water? Mmm, one of my faves.

I've seen you around blogworld and saw on your profile you're from seattle. Yay! A fellow Seattlite. :)

Good luck with the yoga class.