Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Energy Pudding

Mostly adapted from a Brendan Brazier recipe, it is super sweet and delicious and I am looking forward to all the energy it will give me tonight at dana's gymnastic class I'm going to.

Makes 1-2 servings
Requires: Blender

1/3 cup soaked almonds
1/2 a banana
3 dates 
1 T (heaping) coconut butter (artisana)
Water as necessary to turn it into pudding state

Blend it all together and chill.
I topped mine with chopped apples and sprouted buckwheat and coconut gRAWnola. 

From Wikipedia:

Because of cases of Salmonella traced to almonds in 2001 and 2004, in 2006 the California Almond Board proposed and the USDA approved rules regarding the nature of almonds available to the public. From 1 September 2007, raw almonds will technically no longer be available in the United States. Controversially, almonds labeled as "raw" will be required to be steam pasteurised or chemically treated with propylene oxide.


PCC carries almonds from spain which ARE raw. I sprouted some so I know they are legit.

No comments: